Those who have followed the career of Sarah Palin in Alaska, particularly Alaskans themselves, were not at all surprised by the findings of the investigative committee determining Palin's guilt. She has been engaging in this same kind of vindictive behavior ever since she got into the mayor's office in Wasila.
Here it's good to recall the letter written by a fellow Waslilian who has watched Sarah Palin's career unfold from the beginning. Not only her career, but her life. It hasn't been a pretty sight.
Below are excerpts from a letter by Anne Kilkenny which should have indicated to the McCain staff to proceed with caution with Palin. Or were they looking for someone with a record of petty-minded vindictiveness? If so they found the right person.
The main question here is why would anyone consider this woman suitable for national office.
What were you thinking, John McCain?
From a letter by Wasila, Alaska, resident, Anne Kilkenny:
- While Sarah was Mayor of Wasilla she tried to fire our highly respected City Librarian because the Librarian refused to consider removing from the library some books that Sarah wanted removed.
- Sarah complained about the “old boy’s club” when she first ran for Mayor, so what did she bring Wasilla? A new set of “old boys”. Palin fired most of the experienced staff she inherited.
- At the City and as Governor she hired or elevated new, inexperienced, obscure people, creating a staff totally dependent on her for their jobs and eternally grateful and fiercely loyal
- As Mayor, Sarah fired Wasilla’s Police Chief because he “intimidated” her, she told the press.
- She has bitten the hand of every person who extended theirs to her in help. The City Council person who personally escorted her around town introducing her to voters when she first ran for Wasilla City Council became one of her first targets when she was later elected Mayor. She abruptly fired her loyal City Administrator; even people who didn’t like the guy were stunned by this ruthlessness.
- Around Wasilla there are people who went to high school with Sarah. They call her “Sarah Barracuda” because of her unbridled ambition and predatory ruthlessness.
Full text on thepresidentialcandidates.us