Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Facebook Group: I've Got More Foreign Policy Experience than Sarah Palin


When Governor Palin's nomination as Republican VP was announced last week the Republican spin machine kicked into high gear to pad her resume. Among the most ridiculous of many questionable claims was that she had significant foreign policy experience. On what did the spin machine base this? That she was governor of a state which bordered Russia, even though she had never actually visited Russia. Simply living next door to Russia gave her "significant" foreign policy experience. I guess hanging out with people in Viking costumes counts, too.

Here's the notice about the group from Mudflats. Since this was posted the number has gone well over 35,000. I just joined myself as I have WAY more foreign policy experience than Sarah Palin:

"There’s a Facebook group with 26,000 members called “I have more foreign policy experience than Sarah Palin.” Members talk about living next to Greeks or studying Spanish. You need an account to visit the spot."

No comments:

 
Pet Supplies
Pet Supplies